All Oklahomans may avoid the penalty fee for not having health insurance if they apply for a waiver from the federal government.
Use our step-by-step instructions below to fill out the required form.
Instructions for Oklahomans:
Download the form onto your computer. Locate the document you downloaded and open it using Adobe Reader. The form must then be filled-in on a computer, then printed, signed, and mailed to the address in Kentucky on the form.
Step 1 on form:
- The person who files federal taxes in your household should fill out the form with Boxes 1-19 with name, address, contact information, etc.
Step 2 on form:
- Fill-in names and information for all persons on your tax return, so they all can get an exemption from the fee
- For “Type of hardship” check Box 14, then fill-in Tax Year 2018 and dates 01/01/2018 to 12/31/2018.
- Under Box 14, look for “Select the names….” and check “Select all”, if appropriate
- In the “Explain how…” text box, you might write: “In my county in Oklahoma, the Health Insurance Marketplace has only one insurance company and this is a hardship because______” then add your reason, such as cost or access.
Step 3 on form:
- Print the form.
- Read the agreement statements, then sign the form.
Step 4 on form:
- Mail your signed form to the listed address in Kentucky.
- Read “What happens next?” about receiving your “penalty fee’ Exemption Certificate Number (ECN) to put on your tax return.